Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Quiche



Last night I made a broccoli and Cheese Quiche. The recipe is very simple. You add the eggs, half and half, onion, a dash of nutmeg, salt, pepper, broccolli and cheese(You mix the cheese with a tablespoon of flour). The only issues I have with making a Quiche is the pre-baking the crust, unless I buy the frozen crusts that are in the tinfoil holders and require no pre-baking. Along with pre-baking the crust comes the need to cover the outer edges of the pie crust when baking it to avoid the crust overbrowning, this I do by covering with foil, which in turn always ends up with me pulling off some of the crust with the foil. I plan on one of these days investing in one of those pie crust rings that protect the crust and bonus probably do not pull the crust out.The prebaking the crust also involves setting the over to 450 to cook the crust and than the oven is set down to 325 to cook the Quiche. My oven takes 30 minutes to go down to 325.Other than these issues Quiche is quite simple and bonus I only use 1 mixing bowl ,measuring cup, a cutting board and a knife. The Quiche is cooked for 45 minutes.
I have made Quiche with ham before but I actually enjoy Quiche more with just the broccoli and cheese. The Quiche turned out delicious and of course there were leftovers. I am sure my mother would be so embarrassed to see my lack of expertise pie crust but hey at least I am trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment